We are happy to announce that for the 2020-2021 school year, all 2nd-grade through 12th-grade students will be issued a Chromebook. Secondary students will take their Chromebooks home from school each day while elementary students will leave their assigned Chromebooks at the school unless we have to move to the district Distance Learning Model. The Chromebooks and the access they will provide will allow us to not only integrate more technology into your student's learning experiences, but will also provide additional opportunities for students to collaborate, communicate, create, and apply critical thinking skills in their learning. To help you better understand this initiative, here are a few items of note:
- Chromebooks can be used anywhere, and anytime if connected to WiFi
- Some apps allow offline use if the internet is not available at home, meaning students can still engage in the learning process.
- Chromebooks will be filtered using web filtering software to ensure the privacy and safety of all students, as outlined in district policy and by FERPA/CIPS requirements.
- Students and Parents are responsible for the care or any damage to the Chromebook
- Insurance is available to cover the cost of repairs or damage to the Chromebook (see Chromebook Insurance at left).
- Students will be expected to abide by district policy, regarding acceptable use, when using the Chromebook at school and at home (see Chromebook Expectations for Appropriate Use at left).